Have a website? Link to us! Please! Please! Please! :) www.magnetvalley.com
**We will build a shrine of pine cones and dandelions in your honor if you do!**
Magnet Valley is a wholesale supplier of magnetic products. We buy directly from the manufacturer in huge, bulk quantities to give you the best prices around! We offer fast shipping and excellent customer service. If you have a question, please ask!
Just how big is Magnet Valley? We will do close to 3/4 of a million dollars in sales this year alone!
My name is Cathy and I am the owner and operator of Magnet Valley. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science from a small, private liberal arts college (Class of ’96 and yes, I am a tree hugger). I have previously worked as a Safety and Environmental Director for a large multi-state company, as well as an IT Manager/ Network Administrator for the same company.
I started this business shortly after the events of 9-11 when the company I worked for was bought out by a slimey, slimey (icky) piece of pond slime from southern WV (seriously, look up ’pond slime’ in the dictionary, he’s in there). It has grown beyond my wildest dreams! (This paragraph formerly referred to a slimey, slimey (icky) weasel until a former co-worker pointed out that weasels don’t deserve to be brought down to that level so I switched it to ’pond slime’.)
I buy only 100% American Made Products for Magnet Valley and am dedicated voraciously to continue doing so. If you are from a company selling magnet made overseas, do not bother emailing me and asking if I would like to sell your products. I wouldn’t.
I am dedicated to keeping jobs IN the USA and not shipping them off overseas to countries where there is no OSHA to protect worker’s health and safety, no EPA to protect the environment, and no unions to protect worker’s rights.
You will find me very friendly and helpful (although very busy). If you send me an email at 2 am, I just may answer it within a few minutes as I tend to work about 20 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have a good sense of humor (maybe you could tell) and I LOVE what I do. How many people can say that and mean it?
With that said, however, I will tell you the two things that annoy me more than anything else in the world (seriously): People that email me with questions that are blatantly answered on my ’Frequently Asked Questions’ page or, even worse, right on the product page. Come on, that’s why it’s called ’Frequently Asked Questions’! The second thing is people that order without ever actually taking the 8 seconds needed to read the description of what they are ordering and then want to return it. Again, that’s why the description is there, otherwise, we’d just have a site that said ’send us some money and we’ll send you some magnets’ and that’s all.
I have learned that there are a lot of people out there that won’t be happy with anything in their lives. Some companies bend over backwards for rude and pushy customers. I am not one of those companies.
STOP!! Please read no further if you lack a sense of humor. If you do have a sense of humor, by all means, keep reading!
Just for the fun of it, here are some of the funny (ok, hysterical) questions or comments I have received (along with my mental, and in most cases actual, answers):
1. What size are those 3.5" x 5" Adhesive Photo Sheets? (Ummm, 3.5" x 5"?)
2. I have an Inkjet Printer. Can I use it to print on the inkjet printable stuff? (What exactly does ’inkjet printable’ mean to you?)
3. Do you carry those magnetic thingys they have at Wal Mart? (Uh, could you be a tad more specific?)
4. If it says the paper is white, will it actually be white or another color? (Is this a trick question like ’who is buried in Grant’s Tomb?’)
5. Please send me 25 sheets of glossy magnetic paper. If I like it, I’ll send you the money for it. (Heeeeere’s your sign....)
6. Me: I see you have left the shipping address blank on your order. Please send me the address so I can ship out your order.
Customer: I’m sorry, I don’t give that kind of information out.
7. I ordered 1 sheet of magnetic paper from you a few days ago and when I received the package today, there was only 1 sheet inside. When will the rest be coming?
(When you order and pay for it?)
8. Where is my order? (That’s all, no name, no address, no order id, nothing. I wanted to respond, ’Peru, I sent it to some pygmies in Peru’)
9. I read on your faq page that you don’t take phone calls. Can I call you? (Did you bump your head after reading the faq page?)
10. I just placed an order and it was $12.50 for UPS Ground and $84.50 for UPS Next Day Air. I don’t want to pay $84.50, so I paid the $12.50. Please ship it next day air, though, as I need it fast. (As soon as you pay the extra $72 bucks, I’d be glad to, otherwise it will ship UPS Ground.)
11. Why should I send you money before I recieve the magnets? You should send the order and THEN I’ll send the money. (Have you tried this at Wal Mart recently? ’Yes, I’m just gonna take this big screen tv home, watch it for a few weeks, if I like it I’ll bring back the money to pay for it’......)
12. I purchased 1,500 Adhesive Business Card Magnets from you 4 days ago, but when I received my order today, it was just a big box of magnets. Can you explain? (Were you looking for a big box of hamsters? Yes, I can explain. You ordered 1,500 adhesive business card magnets. I shipped 1,500 adhesive business card magnets. You received 1,500 adhesive business card magnets. Did that clear things up?)
13. I ordered magnets from you and when the UPS man delivered it, he rang the doorbell and woke up my baby. I just thought you should know. (I couldn’t stop laughing for an hour after reading that one.)
14. Are those magnet sheets you are selling really magnet or are they made of metal? (Actually, they are made of raspberries, vanilla-scented air fresheners and waffles.)
15. I just now placed an order, is there any way you can send it out sooner than today? (Ummm....Like yesterday? A week from last Wednesday? My options on sending it out earlier are limited by my ability to turn back time.)
16. I just received my order but it is incorrect. I ordered 6 sets of 25 sheets of magnetic paper, but you only sent 150 sheets! Send the missing 50 sheets out immediately! (Please put new batteries in your calculator as the last time I checked, 6 x 25 was 150.)
17. Your site makes it really hard to find things things that you don’t sell. (Maybe because...well....we don’t sell them?)
18. I am home-skooling my Kids and want to know wat prooduct you recommend for makeing magnets. (I recommend that you don’t home-school your kids.)
19. I purchased a product from one of your competitors and the product sucked and now they won’t give me a refund because I already used the product. Could you please refund my money? ( Yes, he was serious....No, I didn’t send him a refund.)
20. (8:00 am) I need some magnets by this afternoon. Can I get them in time if I order now? (Only if you start driving right now at approximately 240 mph.)
21. (Love this one) How many magnet strips are included in the sets of 102, 204 and 508 magnetic strips? (Shockingly enough, 102, 204 & 508)
22. I thought I placed an order last weekend but when I logged in to your website today I see that I didn’t. Why didn’t you inform me that I didn’t place my order? (This must explain why we lost the World Mind-Reading Award yet AGAIN this year....)
23. I ordered some 3" x 4" magnets from you, but when they arrived I see they are really small, only 3" x 4". I thought they'd be bigger, like 8" x 10". (Let me get this straight. You ordered 3" x 4" magnets and thought they'd magically arrive to you as 8" x 10" magnets? For goodness sake, use a RULER!)
24. Could you please email my co-workers and tell them to stop opening my packages while I am at lunch? Please put on your big boy underpants and do it yourself. I know you can.
25. I see that the order I just placed weighs 25 pounds. Could you make it lighter so I don't have to pay so much shipping? I'm sorry, I cannot change the physical properties of the magnet. My phoenix-feather wand was broke in my latest duel with Voldemort.
26. I ordered one of your thinner sheets of magnet and one of your thicker sheets of magnet last week, but don't understand what I received. Is the thinner magnet sheet you sent supposed to be the thinner magnet or the thicker magnet? And is the thicker magnet sheet you sent supposed to be the thicker magnet or the thinner magnet? Actual answer: Have I entered 'The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss'???
27. I demand that you call me RIGHT NOW. I will sit at my desk until you call, so you **** well better call me NOW. NOTE: If your boss has not surfaced from his office in several weeks and there is now a foul smell coming from the office, check on him.
28. I want to buy some magnets, but I need some that aren't all magnety. Actual Answer: I'm sorry, we only sell magnety magnets.
29. I recently ordered 10 of the 8" x 10" adhesive magnet sheets but you sent 10" x 8" adhesive magnet sheets instead. Please correct your mistake immediately. Flip 'em 90 degrees to the right, Scooter.
Honestly, what are these people thinking?
(Also, if you cannot see the humor in this page, please know that you are 1 in a million. The other 999,999 people have a sense of humor.)
When you email Magnet Valley, you will not get one of those annoying auto-responses ’thanks for your email, we will get to you as soon as we can’. In fact, the only person that will email you is ME. I own and run this business with help from my husband and several family members and take pride in giving superior customer service.
Thanks & Have a Great Day!